Cabra Science Teachers held their Faculty Meeting in the Senior Library this afternoon just prior to National Science Week celebrations in Week 5. Teachers viewed a demonstration of the range of Science related TV programmes available via the library’s Access-It catalogue. For a full list of currently available Science shows see below.
Mr Bull also promoted a display of some of the latest Science-related books ready for loan to staff and students. For a full list of books with a Science emphasis see below also.
Best Science Websites
Academic Search Engines for Science
With a focus on science, these academic search engines return all-science, all the time. Sites 41-50 from TeachThought’s 100 Search Engines For Academic Research.
- SciSeek:In this science search engine and directory, you’ll find the best of what the science web has to offer. Browse by category, search by keyword, and even add new sites to the listings.
- Chem BioFinder:Register with PerkinElmer to check out the Chem BioFinder and look up information about chemicals, including their properties and reactions.
- Biology Browser:Biology Browser is a great resource for finding research, resources, and information in the field of biology. You can also check out their Zoological Record and BIOSIS Previews.
- Athenus:Athenus is an authority on science and engineering on the Web, sharing a directory and full-featured web search.
- SciCentral:Use SciCentral as your gateway to the best sources in science. This site has a literature search, journals, databases, and other great tools for finding what you need.
- Strategian:Strategian is a great place to find quality information in all fields of science. Featured resources include free full-text books, patents, and reports, as well as full-text journal and magazine articles, plus a special collection of Vintage Biology with important articles and books in biology.
- Science.gov:In this government science portal, you can search more than 50 databases and 2,100 selected websites from 12 federal agencies. This is an incredible resource for millions of pages of U.S. government science information.
- CERN Document Server:This organization for nuclear research serves up a great search and directory for experiments, archives, articles, books, presentations, and so much more within their documents.
- Analytical Sciences Digital Library:Through the Analytical Sciences Digital Library, you’ll find peer-reviewed, web-based educational resources in analytical sciences, featuring a variety of formats for techniques and applications.
- WorldWideScience:Use WorldWideScience.org as a global science gateway, offering excellent search results in the sciences, and even the option to select specific databases and find resources in your own language.