ASO Australia’s audiovisual heritage online
- australianscreen is operated by the National Film and Sound Archive (NFSA). The NFSA is the national audiovisual archive, collecting, preserving and sharing the nation’s moving image and recorded sound heritage.
- It is a promotional and educational resource providing worldwide online access to information about the Australian film and television industry.
- It contains information about and excerpts from a wide selection of Australian feature films, documentaries, television programs, newsreels, short films, animations, and home-movies produced over the last 100 years.
- It also includes teachers’ notes that identify and describe the educational values of many of the film clips. These resources are developed in partnership with the NFSA by Education Services Australia through The Le@rning Federation.
- The site brings together material from the vast collections of the National Film and Sound Archive, the National Archives of Australia, the ABC, SBS, and AIATSIS in a unique collaboration. All material is made available with the permission of the copyright holders.
- The site is curated by experts, specially commissioned for australianscreen.