Today, Year 10 P.E. students used the Senior Library to investigate soft tissue injuries, their treatment and rehabilitation.
photo by vikisuzan
Pupils were asked to consider the following:– Choose a soft tissue in the body
– Describe soft tissue and find graphics/pictures as evidence
– Choose a soft tissue injury and describe if it is a grade 1, 2 or 3 injury
– Describe the process of recovery (rehabilitation)
– Describe a modern issue relating to the soft tissue and soft tissue injury you have chosen
– How does a soft tissue injury affect the individual and their sporting community?
Some of the most useful research resources are below:
EBSCO eBooks and ANZRC Journal Collection
Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) – Factsheets and useful links
Clearinghouse for Sport – Portal for a huge amount of sport related information resources
Google Scholar – Academic articles from Google Scholar