So, how much screen time is too much? Exactly what are the youngsters watching, doing and how often?
Tweens, Teens, and Screens: What Our New Research Uncovers
By taking a “census” of kids’ media use, Common Sense’s new study quantifies screen use, identifies unique types of users, and uncovers patterns that could spark improvements in content, access, and learning.
Key Findings Include:
- It’s not your imagination — media use is off the charts.
- There is a wide diversity in screen media use.
- Low-income kids lack access.
- Boys’ and girls’ media preferences are very different.
- Social media use is big — but maybe not super fun.
- Everyone can be a maker, but not many are.